What is Elder Law?
Elder law is an area of legal practice that places an emphasis on issues affecting the aging population. The field of elder law, often called elder care law by clients and their families, is extremely complex and constantly changing.
Elder Law: Our Focus, Our Passion
Drazen Law Group, LLC caters to the needs of older clients and those with disabilities such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, dementia, strokes and many other chronic conditions including MS, cancer, and ALS. Our elder law services are also appropriate for people of any age who are dealing with a long-term illness or disability. One of the primary goals is to help loved ones remain in familiar surroundings for as long as possible.
Our elder law services include:
- Helping clients make arrangements for long-term care and nursing home care
- Developing strategies to enable clients to remain in the home
- Helping clients choose the best way to pay for long-term care while protecting family assets
- Developing plans to manage and pay for health care
- Helping clients determine how they will fund retirement, including the role that Social Security and investments will play
- Helping clients qualify for and retain public benefits such as Veterans Aid & Attendance, Medicaid, Medicare, and the Medicaid home waiver program
- Responding to the challenges created by long-term illness and disability
- Assisting clients with the evaluation of housing options, such as assisted living facilities and residential homes for the aged
- Guiding clients through financial and health care decision-making through the use of durable powers of attorney
- Developing plans for end-of-life decision-making through the use of living wills and advance directives
- Helping clients manage the probate process and administer the disposition of estates
- Developing estate planning documents such as revocable living trusts and wills
- Helping children with the transition of becoming a caregiver and to assume the responsibility of becoming the primary decision maker for elderly parents
The Drazen Law Toolkit
As part of the Pathways to Prosperity ® Process, Drazen Law Group, LLC’s employs Connecticut’s most comprehensive array of legal and financial services to help you during your wealth accumulation journey and to prepare you for whatever the future brings.
Life Care Planning | Estate Planning | Elder Law | Asset Protection | Disability Planning | Pet Trusts | Tax/Estate Tax Planning | Long-Term Care Planning | Care Coordination | Trust Administration | Probate | Conservatorship/Guardianship | Special Needs Planning | Business Continuation/Succession Planning | Real Estate | Special Needs Planning with Lawsuit Proceeds | Planning for Same Sex Couples, Unmarried Couples, Blended Families & Singles
For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact Drazen Law Group, LLC at (203) 877-7511