Veterans Benefits to Fund Long Term Care
June 7, 2023
Chatham Place at Mary Wade
138 Clinton Ave., New Haven
Approved for 2.5 CEU Credits by NASW
- Discover how wartime veterans and their spouses can access up to $31,704 per year in tax-free income from the Veterans Administration to offset expenses or cover costs related to long-term care or home health care.
- Learn what the “3-Year Look Back Period” and up to 5-year penalty for gifts means how to utilize legal strategies to safely reallocate assets or income without triggering penalties from the Veterans Administration.
- Learn how to take advantage of more generous deductions to help fall within the VA’s income and asset guidelines so that you can access your benefits faster and with less stress.
Register now for this free event
The Aid and Attendance Pension is a 3-tiered tax-free benefit that is available for wartime veterans and their spouses who need financial assistance covering the costs associated with long-term care or unreimbursed medical expenses.
To find out what more about VA benefits, join local elder law attorney Steven Rubin for a FREE educational workshop for wartime veterans and their families.
During the workshop you will discover:
- How to access a little known or understood benefit from the VA that provides tax-free income for wartime vets to pay for care.
- How to qualify for benefits following changes to the program that took effect.
- Which strategies the VA says will NO LONGER WORK to access benefits, including the creation of annuities, and joints accounts. We’ll teach you alternative and approved ways to fall within the income and asset guidelines.
- How to legally pay a family member for home care using aid and attendance funds.
- How to take advantage of new, and far more generous medical expense rules that can help lower income and speed up qualification for benefits.
- How your IRA and other retirement accounts can affect eligibility for VA benefits, and what to do about it.
- How to deduct meals and lodging in an independent living facility or assisted living facility.
- How one wrong move when applying for VA benefits can put future Medicaid benefits at risk.
Space on the webinar are limited, so you must RSVP!